Thursday, July 8, 2010

Labor and Delivery - The Beginings

Sarah is undergoing what is broadly considered one of the most painful events in the human experience. She is happy. Her happiness stems from (1) her general cheery disposition, and (2) a constant stream of Fentanyl being delivered directly to her spinal cord.

Now, to Sarah's credit, prior to the epidural, the was enduring her contractions with poise that would make a Spartan woman proud.

The babie's heartbeat is just over 120.

Sarah's message to the world: "I'm glad it's not false labor, and epidurals are awesome."

4 comments:

  1. This is Sarah's Mom. I'm MUCH less formal than Gregory.

    My perspective on all this......WOO HOOH!!!!!!!

    They have set up the room, the baby isolette is ready, Sarah is in the delivery bed, the nurses and anesthesiologist has been wonderful.

    Can you say "Grandma Liz?"!!!!

    Sarah is doing great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant, "Have" been wonderful. Sorry, too excited to blog properly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh!! Good luck and we're excited for you!! GO SARAH GO!

    Julie Pacini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyond excited for:
    1) my new nephew
    2) my sister and brother-in-law's chance to be awesome parents
    3) Gregory actually blogging :)

    YAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete